The history of the Sigg brand begins in 1908, when Ferdinand Sigg, a specialist in metallurgy, returns to Switzerland after several years of travel and apprenticeship. Together with a friend, he created the aluminum articles factory in Biel. A year later, they had already hired 30 employees. Shortly before the company moved to Frauenfeld in 1917, his friend Xaver KÜng left the company. Its name is changed to SIGG AG Aluminumwarenfabrik.
From the start, Sigg sold a wide range of pans, pots, teacups, cutlery and other household products, including beds and water bottles. By 1958, the range already included more than 10,000 products.